Wednesday 27 November 2013

101 Things to Do Before I Die

It was over a year ago when I ran my first marathon and decided I wanted to make a list of things to do, achieve and experience before I die. The idea was that it would inspire me to go out and see the things I really wanted to. As I was inspired by my achievement of completing the marathon, that was to be number 1 and would be already considered achieved! (hence 101 rather 100). The list was to only contain things I truly believed I wanted to do. It was also meant to be achievable, in that I wasn't allowed to put things like "Go to Space" because let's face it (and I hope I am wrong) that ain't ever going to happen.

I figured writing the list would be easy enough. I mean how hard is to write down all the things you want to do? well, very.

101 is a huge number of things for you to consider an achievement, for you to consider meaningful or even for you to have dreamed about doing in your life. I'm sure it is easy to think of 101 random things you want to do in life, anyone could do that... but 101 honest personal ambitions? different story! It took me over a year to do, and to be truly happy with the list (imagine how long it will take to complete).

So without further delay, here is my final bucket list, 1-101!

1. Run a Marathon ***(Achieved)***
2. Learn to play Moonlight Sonata on Piano
3. See the Northern Lights
4. Sell a painting I did
5. See Vegas!
6. Go to Burning Man
7. Sky Dive
8. See my book on a shelf in a bookstore *Lifelong Ambition*
9. Scuba dive somewhere tropical
10. Crowd Surf
11. See Asia
12. Climb Kilamangaro
13. Sail a boat
14. See Liverpool FC in a cup final
15. Visit my Grandad's grave in Liverpool
16. Drive down a highway in America with the top down (or be passenger)
17. Go to The World Cup or European Championships
18. Abseil (Properly)
19. Go to New York
20. Organize a huge even for charity
21. Learn to drive
22. Ride a motorbike
23. Jet Ski
24. Jump into the 40ft on Christmas Day
25. Sleep under the stars
26. Experience gliding
27. Whisky a Go Go
28. Jump a horse
29. Buy something with a poem
30. Walk Dun Laoghaire pier with my mother again
31. Write an entire album *Lifelong Ambition*
32. Try Surfing
33. Sex in the rain
34. Get a degree
35. See Metallica live one more time
36. Attempt a food challenge
37. Live somewhere I have dreamed of living
38. Brave a bungee jump
39. Go to Oktoberfest
40. Visit strawberry fields
41. See cluster islands (like Vietnam)
42. Read 5 of the world's greatest novels of all time
43. Go to a lap-dance club
44. Learn to speak a second language
45. See a whale
46. Step into a wrestling ring and bounce of the ropes
47. FINISH a novel *Lifelong Ambition*
48. Play chess with my father again
49. Learn to play Saxophone
50. Try Acting
51. See a Giant Moon
52. Do the Bull Run
53. Tomato Slide
54. Brew my Own Beer
55. Cliff Jump
56. Make a cocktail in a bar
57. Go to the Moulin Rouge
58. Fire a gun
59. Plant a tree and watch it grow
60. Get a tattoo
61. Kiss the Blarney Stone
62. Pass a subject with flying colours
63. Go into a shark cage
64. Go Zorbing
65. Watch empire's top 100 movies of all time in order (not one sitting)
66. Listen to Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Albums of all time in order, entirely.
67. Fly a kite
68. Inspire someone else to make a list and help them check something off
69. See India
70. Complete a video game I couldn't complete when I was a kid ***(Achieved)***
71. Own a White Falcon Guitar
72. Visit the Cliffs of Mohar
73. Sing a song in The Cavern, Liverpool
74. Master one amazing magic trick
75. Buy a homeless person food / help out with Vincent de Paul
76. Spend a whole week completely alone and be creative
77. Spend a whole day naked
78. See the Great Wall of China
79. See a Glacier
80. See Niagra Falls
81. Trek through a rainforest
82. Gallop a horse along a beach
83. Speak nothing but Irish for a week
84.  Go for the family record (do my BEST win or lose)
85. Circle the world (leave one direction return from the other)
86. Have a meal in one of the world's finest restaurant
87. Visit 5 places that take my breath away
88. Rent a castle
89. Own a dog
90. Go on a hot air balloon ride
91. See Madison Square Garden
92. Write a letter to future me
93. Win a trophy (try at least)
94. Eat a meal from food I raised
95. Furnish a room with with only up-cycled objects
96. Try some form of boxing
97. Experience Japan
98. Go in a submarine
99. See a volcano (erupting if possible)
100. Set a Guinness World Record (or be part of one)
101. Wing Walk!








No comments:

Post a Comment